Full of buttery flavor and so simple to make, your guests and family will love these traditional shortbread cookies. Serve them with a cup of tea for an afternoon treat.
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor, until combined.
- Add butter and process for 1 minute, until dough resembles sand.
- Put dough in a 9-inch baking dish and press into even layer.
- Score dough with a knife into 1 inch wide pieces, by 4 1/2 inches long and dock with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and slice with a sharp knife all the way through the score marks. Cool completely in baking dish.
- Once cool, remove from dish, pieces should separate easily.